Courage to create something that mattersSearch Open Roles
We are ONE.
We, TOGETHER, are Sigilon.
We are change-makers, and we never stop in our quest to advance therapies for patients in need. For us that takes a number of forms — we stay abreast of the most recent Sigilon science at our Sigilon Monthly Sessions, where a team member presents their findings and cross-pollination of ideas is encouraged; we also meet up informally, around the weekly Friday breakfast or in our collaboration hubs outside the lab. In this way, we’re always inspiring one another and advancing science that matters.
Never Losing Sight of Our Purpose
We’re at Sigilon to make a difference for patients, and that is front and center in our day to day work. We host patients and caregivers at our offices to learn more about the disease areas we aim to treat. And we stay engaged with the broader community, from organizing a fundraiser to send young people to the New England Hemophilia Association Family Camp, to sponsoring rare disease awareness efforts.
Enjoying Our Relationships
From our Sigilon running team to occasional yoga outings to escape rooms and offsite retreats, we really enjoy our teamwork in all forms. We are a close-knit team with an upbeat atmosphere, and it shows in our productive science — a true team effort.
Life at Sigilon
I love that we have a fast-paced scientific workplace but where people are so approachable and friendly.
Associate Director, Therapeutic Lead, Hemophilia
My favorite part of the culture at Sigilon is that there’s a balance, which I think is very important in a work environment. There’s a balance between making sure that the employee’s needs are met, but the science is still also a focus and priority.
Associate Scientist, Islet Cell Therapy
‘We Together’ is our motto, and there is a reason we selected that. We feel we cannot do anything alone; our science and our functions are so unique that there is no one person that knows everything, but if we put our minds and our hearts and our hands together, we can achieve a lot.
Vice President, Head of Human Resources
I think teamwork is very important in the lab because we all are just resources. We can’t know everything, we can’t do everything, so the fact that everyone is there to help you, to contribute to your success, is very important here.
Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Everybody’s just nice, smart and interesting to talk to. They’re all about the passion and trying to reach the end goal of helping people, and all of those aspects combined together make Sigilon a great place to work.
Vice President, Head of Islet Cell Therapy Research
I think one of the things that’s exciting at Sigilon is that there’s a lot of different components of what we’re trying to do here. There’s always a lot of new learnings and developments that are coming out of the various teams that make up Sigilon.
Senior Project Manager, Portfolio
We’ve created an environment here where people are collaborative and friendly, and it makes it enjoyable coming to work every day.
Senior Project Manager
Director/Sr. Director, Preclinical Development Program Lead
The employee will lead cross functional teams to drive development programs from research through commercial launch to meet the company’s goals and effectively treat patients. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of product development, regulatory requirements, preclinical studies, and manufacturing preferably for cell-based therapy. An ability to think outside of the box and experience with combination products will benefit the candidate for this role. The candidate will also have an excellent execution track record on for on-time delivery, as well as demonstrable strategic insight, creativity for overcoming challenges, and program prioritization skills. This role will require daily interaction with stakeholders in program management, engineering, biology, non-clinical, quality, regulatory, manufacturing, and clinical teams as well as external teams. Presentation of written and oral summaries of progress to senior management and expert consultants will be required.
- Lead cross functional team to drive development programs exiting research through to commercial launch
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams through demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of biologic/combination product development, excellent interpersonal communication skills, leadership skills, and influencing skills
- Ensure transparency throughout development by securing project resources and communicate gaps, identify risks and mitigate/communicate to management, and define critical path items and alert team to changes to critical path items
- Proactively anticipate issues, challenges, and assumptions as well as identify contingencies or creative opportunities to circumvent potential delays
- Guide the team in appropriate decision-making through analyzing options and reviewing implications
- Develop and maintain timelines in partnership with program management for development programs
- Partner with technical leads/SMEs to establish requirements for program success
- Coordinate with nonclinical team for execution of all studies required for regulatory filings
- Work with engineering and encapsulation team to push readiness of product enabling technologies such as packaging, stability, delivery and surgical technique development
- Synchronize with clinical team to ensure readiness of program for trial initiation
- Maintain documentation and write reports to support quality requirements, regulatory filings, IP as needed
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience in product development and program management
- MS or PhD preferred; biomedical engineering, biology, program management, or similar field
- Strategic thinker, able to assess the program needs and prioritize according to corporate timelines
- People leadership and mentorship capabilities
- Experience with reparation of FDA submission documents, FDA interactions
- Experience in design, optimization, testing, data analysis and validation protocols
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and established collaborative working habits
- Excellent oral and written communication skills