Courage to create something that mattersSearch Open Roles
We are ONE.
We, TOGETHER, are Sigilon.
We are change-makers, and we never stop in our quest to advance therapies for patients in need. For us that takes a number of forms — we stay abreast of the most recent Sigilon science at our Sigilon Monthly Sessions, where a team member presents their findings and cross-pollination of ideas is encouraged; we also meet up informally, around the weekly Friday breakfast or in our collaboration hubs outside the lab. In this way, we’re always inspiring one another and advancing science that matters.
Never Losing Sight of Our Purpose
We’re at Sigilon to make a difference for patients, and that is front and center in our day to day work. We host patients and caregivers at our offices to learn more about the disease areas we aim to treat. And we stay engaged with the broader community, from organizing a fundraiser to send young people to the New England Hemophilia Association Family Camp, to sponsoring rare disease awareness efforts.
Enjoying Our Relationships
From our Sigilon running team to occasional yoga outings to escape rooms and offsite retreats, we really enjoy our teamwork in all forms. We are a close-knit team with an upbeat atmosphere, and it shows in our productive science — a true team effort.
Life at Sigilon
My favorite part of the culture at Sigilon is that there’s a balance, which I think is very important in a work environment. There’s a balance between making sure that the employee’s needs are met, but the science is still also a focus and priority.
Associate Scientist, Islet Cell Therapy
‘We Together’ is our motto, and there is a reason we selected that. We feel we cannot do anything alone; our science and our functions are so unique that there is no one person that knows everything, but if we put our minds and our hearts and our hands together, we can achieve a lot.
Vice President, Head of Human Resources
I think teamwork is very important in the lab because we all are just resources. We can’t know everything, we can’t do everything, so the fact that everyone is there to help you, to contribute to your success, is very important here.
Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Everybody’s just nice, smart and interesting to talk to. They’re all about the passion and trying to reach the end goal of helping people, and all of those aspects combined together make Sigilon a great place to work.
Vice President, Head of Islet Cell Therapy Research
I think one of the things that’s exciting at Sigilon is that there’s a lot of different components of what we’re trying to do here. There’s always a lot of new learnings and developments that are coming out of the various teams that make up Sigilon.
Senior Project Manager, Portfolio
We’ve created an environment here where people are collaborative and friendly, and it makes it enjoyable coming to work every day.
Senior Project Manager
Sigilon Therapeutics is searching for an energized and highly motivated Associate Scientist to be part of a team focused on developing a novel therapeutic product for Rare Disease utilizing Sigilon’s Afibromer™ technology. The candidate should have experience in rare disease, including cell culture experience, functional cellular analyses, sample preparation for analyses of samples from in vivo/ in vitro work.
- Tissue culture of primary cells and recombinant cell lines
- Perform and interpret data from enzymatic, cell-based assays and molecular biology assays
- Make observations, evaluate data, interpret results and document in a well-maintained laboratory notebook
- Participate in the coordination of assigned research with other teams as necessary to ensure the completion of the team’s research projects
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies
- BS or MS degree in the biological sciences
- Sample preparation and analysis from in vitro and in vivo is a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and established collaborative working habits
- Skills in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work and succeed within a matrixed organization
- Must enjoy coming to work and having fun while creating therapies that improve the lives of patients