Courage to create something that mattersSearch Open Roles
We are ONE.
We, TOGETHER, are Sigilon.
We are change-makers, and we never stop in our quest to advance therapies for patients in need. For us that takes a number of forms — we stay abreast of the most recent Sigilon science at our Sigilon Monthly Sessions, where a team member presents their findings and cross-pollination of ideas is encouraged; we also meet up informally, around the weekly Friday breakfast or in our collaboration hubs outside the lab. In this way, we’re always inspiring one another and advancing science that matters.
Never Losing Sight of Our Purpose
We’re at Sigilon to make a difference for patients, and that is front and center in our day to day work. We host patients and caregivers at our offices to learn more about the disease areas we aim to treat. And we stay engaged with the broader community, from organizing a fundraiser to send young people to the New England Hemophilia Association Family Camp, to sponsoring rare disease awareness efforts.
Enjoying Our Relationships
From our Sigilon running team to occasional yoga outings to escape rooms and offsite retreats, we really enjoy our teamwork in all forms. We are a close-knit team with an upbeat atmosphere, and it shows in our productive science — a true team effort.
Life at Sigilon
I love that we have a fast-paced scientific workplace but where people are so approachable and friendly.
Associate Director, Therapeutic Lead, Hemophilia
My favorite part of the culture at Sigilon is that there’s a balance, which I think is very important in a work environment. There’s a balance between making sure that the employee’s needs are met, but the science is still also a focus and priority.
Associate Scientist, Islet Cell Therapy
‘We Together’ is our motto, and there is a reason we selected that. We feel we cannot do anything alone; our science and our functions are so unique that there is no one person that knows everything, but if we put our minds and our hearts and our hands together, we can achieve a lot.
Vice President, Head of Human Resources
I think teamwork is very important in the lab because we all are just resources. We can’t know everything, we can’t do everything, so the fact that everyone is there to help you, to contribute to your success, is very important here.
Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Everybody’s just nice, smart and interesting to talk to. They’re all about the passion and trying to reach the end goal of helping people, and all of those aspects combined together make Sigilon a great place to work.
Vice President, Head of Islet Cell Therapy Research
I think one of the things that’s exciting at Sigilon is that there’s a lot of different components of what we’re trying to do here. There’s always a lot of new learnings and developments that are coming out of the various teams that make up Sigilon.
Senior Project Manager, Portfolio
We’ve created an environment here where people are collaborative and friendly, and it makes it enjoyable coming to work every day.
Senior Project Manager
- Lead teams to drive projects to milestones as quickly as feasible
- Insure teams are constantly focused on “killer” experiments rather than non-value driving experiments
- Management of projects from the proposal stage through commercialization
- Liaising directly with stakeholders to understand their needs and constraints
- Estimating timeline, resource, budget and key technical risks for proposal preparation
- Tracking technical and commercial progress and achievements
- Working on multiple teams at one time
- M.S./Ph.D. degree within an engineering or scientific discipline
- A proven track record in the delivery of multiple large and complex development projects to time and budget within a regulated environment
- Experience of managing risk and timeline on development projects with considerable novel content
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams, often across different client sites and geographies
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- A self-motivated team player attitude, who is highly enthusiastic about drug discovery and development
- Experience in taking a putative drug from concept through to launch including scale-up and transfer to manufacture
- Prefer experience in biologics or cell derived products
- Prefer experience in metabolic or rare diseases