We are ONE.
We, TOGETHER, are Sigilon.
We care deeply about patients’ and caregivers’ struggles, stories, and triumphs.
We care about rigorous science addressing critical patient needs
We strive to earn and keep the trust of patients, caregivers, and partners.
We respect each other, embrace diversity, and work as one team.
We are passionate about the impact of groundbreaking discoveries.
We dream big and don’t fear failure. We ask “What if we could…?”
We build value for patients and their families, clinicians, partners, and shareholders.
We make sure every experiment and decision counts.
We visualize success and make it happen.
We operate with urgency; patients can’t wait.
We are change-makers, and we never stop in our quest to advance therapies for patients in need. For us that takes a number of forms — we stay abreast of the most recent Sigilon science at our Sigilon Monthly Sessions, where a team member presents their findings and cross-pollination of ideas is encouraged; we also meet up informally, around the weekly Friday breakfast or in our collaboration hubs outside the lab. In this way, we’re always inspiring one another and advancing science that matters.
Never Losing Sight of Our Purpose
We’re at Sigilon to make a difference for patients, and that is front and center in our day to day work. We host patients and caregivers at our offices to learn more about the disease areas we aim to treat. And we stay engaged with the broader community, from organizing a fundraiser to send young people to the New England Hemophilia Association Family Camp, to sponsoring rare disease awareness efforts.
Enjoying Our Relationships
From our Sigilon running team to occasional yoga outings to escape rooms and offsite retreats, we really enjoy our teamwork in all forms. We are a close-knit team with an upbeat atmosphere, and it shows in our productive science — a true team effort.
Life at Sigilon
We have an amazingly collaborative team; we really like each other and this makes working together enjoyable.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
I love that we have a fast-paced scientific workplace but where people are so approachable and friendly.
· Encapsulation of cells in novel biopolymer systems
· Maintenance and setting up of biopolymer device encapsulation systems
· Establishing protocols and SOPs for encapsulation procedure
· Work in a matrixed environment to ensure biomaterials meet the needs of the in vivo and cell biology teams
· With increasing independence, plan, design and execute of a series of experiments that provide the research findings necessary for the completion of an assigned project
· Demonstrate understanding and application of relevant scientific literature to the design of experimental protocols
· Participate in discussions on optimizing protocols, tools, programs and/or new methods for project advancement and make the approved changes
· Make observations, evaluate data, interpret results and document in a well-maintained laboratory notebook
· Present results of experiments and findings in multidisciplinary team meetings
· Participate in the coordination of assigned research with other teams as necessary to ensure the completion of the team’s research projects
· Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies
· B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree with a focus on biomaterials, engineering, biochemistry or biology
· 2-5 years industry experience desirable
· Experience in biomaterials, tissue engineering, microfluidic systems integration, or working in a regulated environment desirable
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and established collaborative working habits.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must enjoy coming to work and having fun while creating therapies that improve patient lives