Sigilon Therapeutics is a multidisciplinary biotechnology company which specializes in creating immune privileged products to address unmet clinical needs.
Our mission at Sigilon Therapeutics is to create immune-protected, engineered human cells that restore normal physiology in a wide range of diseases without generating fibrosis or immune rejection, liberating patients from challenges associated with serious chronic diseases. We are based in Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA, and funded by Flagship Pioneering.
Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sigilon Therapeutics is searching for an energized and highly motivated Scientist to be part of a team focused on developing a novel therapeutic product for metabolic diseases utilizing Sigilon’s Afibromer™ technology combined with synthetic biology technology. The candidate should have experience with molecular biology, cell biology, protein chemistry, and in vivo pharmacology.
- Develop and optimize assays to screen engineered cells for improved biological properties.
- Design, perform and interpret data from cellular and protein-based assays and molecular biology experiments
- Design and execution of studies in disease animal models and assistance with IACUC protocols
- Demonstrate understanding and application of relevant scientific literature to the design of experimental protocols
- Make observations, evaluate data, interpret results and document in a well-maintained laboratory notebook
- Present results of experiments and findings in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Participate in the coordination of assigned research with other teams as necessary to ensure the completion of the team’s research projects
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies
- Ph.D. with minimum of 1 year of research experience in academia and/or Biotech/Pharmaceutical environment in Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Cell Biology or a related discipline
- Well-versed in protein engineering and assay technologies
- Self-motivated and highly collaborative to work in a cross-cultural, multidisciplinary, team-oriented environment with excellent communication and organization skills Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skills in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and software for molecular biology and statistical analyses
- Demonstrated success in scientific prowess as demonstrated by publications
- Must enjoy coming to work and having fun while creating therapies that improve the lives of patients