Sigilon Therapeutics is a multidisciplinary biotechnology company which specializes in creating immune privileged products to address unmet clinical needs.
Sigilon Therapeutics’s technology has the ability to completely transform how we treat patients with chronic diseases. Originated from Robert Langer and Daniel Anderson’s laboratories of MIT and was patented and published in three seminal reports in Nature Materials, Nature Biotechnology, and Nature Medicine in 2015 and 2016. The company is based in Cambridge, MA and is funded by Flagship Pioneering. Now is the time to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing company with a very interactive and open culture.
Please forward your application via email to email@example.com
Sigilon Therapeutics is searching for a seasoned Research Associate to join the team. Experience with tissue culture of primary cells and pluripotent stem cells, stable transfection and selection of engineered cell lines as well as experience with stem cell differentiation protocols, preferably in Diabetes area are a plus.
- Tissue culture of primary cells and pluripotent stem cell lines
- Stable transfection and selection of engineered cell lines
- Experience with stem cell differentiation protocols, preferably in the diabetes area
- Perform functional and viability cell-based assays
- Molecular and cell biology techniques, including ELISA, western blot, Immunohistochemistry, FACS, and qPCR
- Work in a matrixed environment to insure cell lines meet the needs of the in vivo and cell biology teams
- With increasing independence, plan, design and execute of a series of experiments that provide the research findings necessary for the completion of an assigned project
- Demonstrate understanding and application of relevant scientific literature to the design of experimental protocols
- Participate in discussions on optimizing protocols, tools, programs and/or new methods for project advancement and make the approved changes
- Make observations, evaluate data, interpret results and document in a well-maintained laboratory notebook
- Present results of experiments and findings in multidisciplinary team meetings
- Participate in the coordination of assigned research with other teams as necessary to ensure the completion of the team’s research projects
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies
- Sc. or M.Sc. degree with a focus on molecular and cellular biology
- 2-5 years industry experience desirable
- Experience in tissue culture, cell-based assays, qPCR, western-blotting, IHC, ELISA, and flow cytometry
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and established collaborativeworking habits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must enjoy coming to work and having fun while creating therapies that improve the lives of patients